WHAT IS GIVE FOR GOOD?
Give for Good is a 24-hour online giving challenge led by The Community Foundation of North Louisiana to raise unrestricted dollars for the nonprofits in our community. It is a day of giving to celebrate the nonprofits in our community and a chance to raise thousands of dollars to make our community even better. Last year as a community we raised more than $1.2 million for the nonprofits in our community!
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
To build a broad and more engaged culture of philanthropy for our community.
- Bring as many people as possible together around giving
- Show North Louisiana’s spirit of giving
- Raise awareness in the community about the many services our nonprofit community provides
- Create more unrestricted dollars in an economy where more is being required with fewer resources
- To build the next generation of philanthropists for the Shreveport metro area.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Easy! First, nonprofits will create a giving profile on the giving website. Anyone can visit the Give for Good website and choose the nonprofit(s) they want to give to! Then dollars from our local “Lagniappe Fund” and our hourly prizes will be used to amplify EVERY gift!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Anyone can make a donation to participating nonprofits
- A 501(c)3 organization that completes the training process and establishes a profile on the giving site.