2019 COMPETITIVE GRANT APPLICATION
TIMELINE AND PROCESS
- The Community Foundation and United Way accept competitive grant applications once annually through a common application process hosted by the Community Foundation.
- Stage One opens August 1, 2018 at 8 a.m. CST and closes August 21, 2018 at 4 p.m. CST.
- For those invited to the second stage, Stage Two opens October 15, 2018 at 8 a.m. CST and closes November 15, 2018 at 4 p.m. CST.
- Grant recipients will be announced in April 2019.
Before you submit:
1. All applicants are REQUIRED to attend one mandatory Grant Applicant Training Session prior to submitting a Stage One application. Reservations are required and space is limited. The deadline to RSVP is midnight the day before each session. All sessions will be held at Community Central, 401 Edwards Street, Suite 125.
Grant Applicant Training Session #1 – July 25 at 1 p.m.
Grant Applicant Training Session #2 – July 26 at 1 p.m.
Grant Applicant Training Session #3 – July 31 at 10 a.m.
Grant Applicant Training Session #4 – August 1 at 10 a.m.
Grant Applicant Training Session #5 – August 2 at 10 a.m.
(Applicants MUST attend one training session to be eligible to apply for any grant. Space is limited and reservations are required.)
2. All applicants are required to update their organizational profile on Louisiana Initiative for Nonprofit and Community Collaboration (LINCC), prior to submitting a Stage One application.
Application: The 2019 grant cycle includes two stages; Stage One opens on August 1, 2018 at 8 a.m. CST and closes August 21, 2018 at 4 p.m. CST. For those invited to the second stage, Stage Two opens October 15, 2018 at 8 a.m. CST and closes November 15, 2018 at 4 p.m. CST. Click here to access the Community Foundation's Online Grant Portal.
Staff Review: The Community Foundation staff reviews every application thoroughly. You will be contacted if a site visit, meeting, or phone conference is needed to discuss the program/project in more detail.
Revision: It is the applicant's duty to advise the Community Foundation should circumstances arise which would change or affect any aspect of the grant proposal.
Board Review: The Community Foundation's Board of Directors reviews all applications and makes the final grant award decisions.
Notification: Applicants will receive an email notification of the Board's funding decisions in April 2019. Grant awards will be announced to the public at the Community Foundation's Annual Meeting on April 30, 2019. Applicants who receive a grant award must sign a grant contract and are expected to adhere to the stipulated terms.
Funds Available: For the 2019 grant cycle, funds will be available June 1, 2019 or later, depending upon the project start date. Funds are typically disbursed two to four weeks prior to the project start date.