Founded in 2005, The Women's Philanthropy Network is an organization of women aged 16 and older who pool their annual dues to make high-impact gifts in the community.
What distinguishes our organization is that the members vote on the project they want to support.
The WPN is a fund of The Community Foundation of North Louisiana. We use 80% of our funds as "now" money and invest 20% in our endowment at the Foundation.
Women have always recognized the value of relationships — in the home, in the workplace, and in the community. Now they can use these relationships to shape their philanthropy.
Through the WPN, women can:
- Create new solutions to old problems.
- Serve as a catalyst for positive community change.
- Connect with the projects they fund.
- Collaborate with others to avoid duplication, competition and waste.
- Celebrate their accomplishments and have fun with philanthropy.
WE HAVE HAD GOOD RESULTS:
- Improved student and faculty attendance
- Decrease in suspensions
- Enhanced student focus on reading and academics with increases in reading and math scores
- Enhanced student focus on social skills, teamwork, and reading for pleasure
- Increased parental involvement
- Increased community involvement